Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"Surrender Before You Get Bit!"

Last night, I arrived home with the entire neighborhood apparently on lock-down. There was a disquieting announcement from the helicopter circling the area: "Anthony, come out with your hands up. The dogs have your scent. Surrender before you get bit!"

There were cops everywhere outside. I wondered if I should take a stroll?

After a time, things calmed down a bit. I proceeded to rake some leaves for the next day's pickup, despite any desperate felons and watchful public guardians in the neighborhood.

I have no idea if they found Anthony, but it did strike me as a kind of futile bluff. It's very expensive to keep a helicopter circling in the air and are K-9 units trained to track? Urban areas at night have plenty of places for a non-panicky felon to lay low for awhile.

No news in the press today. It figures. Life in an urban setting means any number of unexplained events like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment