Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Oblivion Of Pajarito Mesa

It is illegal to purchase property out here. Pajarito Mesa is not a squatter community, technically - an illegal community, maybe - and has no mail delivery and limited water and electricity. There was a great article about it in the New York Times back in 2010.
But they do have a Neighborhood Association.
Pajarito Revival.

The oblivion of Pajarito Mesa.


Remote Sand Dune. Way, way, way, way out, at the end of a very rough, bumpy and sandy Los Padillas SW.

At first, I thought this was where Walt, Jesse and Saul rendezvous. Upon returning to Sacramento and reviewing the geography, I realized I missed the actual location.

The correct sand dune is probably at:

(34.995928°, -106.863600°)

The one I took considerable risks to travel to was this one.
(34.981448°, -106.865869°)

I could have wrecked the Ford Fiesta econo-car on these terrible roads! Dagnabit!


I'm so ronery; Oh, so ronery!
Sand Dune.
Sand Dune, and the Ford Fiesta.
Sand.....

Curses, Christian Diaz de Bedoya!

Sand Dune, and the Ford Fiesta.
Slope failure.
Lots of illegal dumping out here.
ATV and motorbike riders leave me in their dust.
Power lines to the horizon.
Mysterious vehicle.
A horse takes it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment