Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Joy Formidable - A Heavy Abacus (Qulinez Remix)



Most thoughtful song rendered into a dance tune in a long time. Could listen to this for ages. Might be a theme song to this blog!

Lyrics:
Here we are bending feet
In the dark before dreamless sleep
Cloaks that spot, that shiver, that breeze
Throws you in the dark

Happiness it won't last long
And this child behind stores it all
The failed man's curse and the cost
Of noncholance

Thank you sly watchful gene
A plastic life up my sleeve
If you've followed this far you've realised nothing

Now your world is here
Watch it disappear

Abacus haunting me
Abacus watching me

And it all plays out
And it always comes around
The message fades but the mess prevails
You reckless thing leaving you in our hands

Abacus haunting me
Abacus watching me

All we have is this chance called memory

Here's a video of Kaskade in performance, at the Marquee Nightclub in Las Vegas, just ten days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment