Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Monsters Thwart The 'Breaking Bad' Location Hunter

Some 'Breaking Bad' locations are hard to reach. One such area is the East Mesa area south of "Q" Studios, where the capricious opening and closing of gates on Los Picaros Blvd. hobbles the ability of people to explore.

Another such area is at the Hyatt Tamaya Resort, NW of Bernalillo, NM. There are three Breaking Bad sites near the power line north of the resort, but there are gates here too, and warning signs. Plus, the sites are on Santa Ana Pueblo land, so even if you make it past the resort, there is all that to contend with. Nevertheless, on this visit, I decided to press ahead.

Eeeee! A rattlesnake! Not all that common, but here one is, crossing the road!

I don't know whether it's my father's invention, or a transmogrified Indian legend, or whatever, but my understanding as a kid was that this prominent volcanic neck is an ancient monster frozen into stone! Eeeeee! I'm so close!

Eeeeeee! I'm right next to the monster!

Sure enough, at the stables, the resort people intervened in my quest and insisted that I return empty-handed. At least there are nice views of the Sandia Mountains, the bosque near the river, and the strange grassland right next to the resort!

No comments:

Post a Comment