Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Stolen Wallet; Stolen Keys Means A Crappy Day For Joe The Plumber

Spent the last several hours at Motel 6 near Richards Blvd. & I-5 with Joe The Plumber, and driving him around on errands. Joe's story doesn't cohere:
I was so tired last night I just fell on the bed and fell asleep. But sometime in the middle of the night someone came through the window, and Bella (the dog) didn't bark. They took my wallet and the keys to my van and the automatic toothbrush, but they didn't take my hawk's claw. The security service woke me up in the morning when they saw the window screen on the ground outside my window. I tracked the guy down to the river where I challenged him to a fight. The fellow accepted, but only down the slope where he was. So I came back.
My thought is that whoever this thief-person might have been was probably there by Joe's own invitation (hence the dog that didn't bark). Whatever.

So, I called the locksmiths and we went to the bank to change passwords and tried to cancel the phone service.

We stopped at McDonald's, where an uber-Manager was leading a discussion with about ten managers:
Q.: Unlike this store, at the drive-through at our store we have headsets.
A.: That is a very good question! Like you say, some drive-throughs have headsets and some don't.
So, I'm back briefly at work, and hopefully the locksmith will eventually show up, and Joe can get up off the floor board of life once again. A perfectly idiotic day. I'm kicking myself a little, because I recommended that particular motel row to Joe in the first place.

[UPDATE] Because Joe lost patience and broke the ignition system to try and start his van, the repair cost $430.00.]

No comments:

Post a Comment