Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Living At The Edge Of Curtis Park, I Guess I'm Just Unlucky With The Graffiti

Left: Here is the new graffiti, on a wall just down the alley from where I live.

What is this, exactly? I don't know. It doesn't seem to be trendy. I don't think it helps the neighborhood in any way.

Southern California has better graffiti than we seem to have in Sacramento. Heck, Albuquerque has better graffiti! Spectacular street murals (see below)!

But here at the edge of Curtis Park, at the edge of respectability, at the edge of a lot of things, there's no edge when it comes to graffiti.


Left: Mural at the South Valley Economic Development Center, in Albuquerque.


Left: This brilliant mural is on the side of a convenience store just west of the Rio Grande River on Bridge Blvd, in Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment