Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jetta Gets Her Fifteen Minutes Of Fame (Fifteen Seconds Is More Like It)



J.: I don't understand. They cut so much of my performance. I had the audience on my side. They were cheering me on, and booing Simon when he walked off the set. Two of the four judges liked me. There were some huge laughs. But they cut all of that out! The entertainment value was lost! I tell you, the people who did this are doing Simon a disservice. I wonder if I can get in touch with him? Do you know how to work this Twitter thing?

M.: Welcome to Hollywood! I notice that my Weblog is getting traffic from your performance.

J.: Why your Weblog?

M.: It's one of the very few ways people have of finding you on the Web.

J.: Why don't they get in touch with me?

M.: They can't find you easily. You need a Web Site.

J.: Can't I get a Web Site?

M.: Too late for tonight!

J.: I need to get to bed. I'm being interviewed on Toronto radio tomorrow.

M.: I regret to inform you about this negative comment on YouTube. Someone commented "What a beast!"

J.: Oh, that's not a negative comment. That's a compliment.

M.: It is?

J.: See their video, the belly-button piercing? They're punkers, so that's a compliment.

M.: Let me look up "beast" on Urban Dictionary:
UK Slang- a person who is very good at something
He's an absolute beast when it comes to football.
When referring to a person, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned person is so good at a certain skill that they have exceeded human comprehension, thus making them non-human.

No comments:

Post a Comment