Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Art Imitating Life Imitating Art

I wonder if the Breaking Bad folks read my blog?

Several months ago, in Post 4 of my Breaking Bad posts, I took note of Albuquerque lawyer Ron Bell’s boxing TV ad and compared it to Saul Goodman’s ad. Now, they have a Saul Goodman ad up featuring Saul wearing boxing gloves.

The BB folks might have bumped into Ron Bell’s ad on their own, or.....

Once again, it’s art imitating life imitating art, imitating life, etc!

I just hope they’ve clued in Ron Bell. It’s bad news, tweaking lawyers like that!

On other fronts, I realized that Don Eladio has an interesting name. Eladio’s root is Helas, meaning, “The Greek”.

But “Eladio” is also very close to the Spanish word “Helado”, meaning frozen, or icy. A very appropriate name for a dealer in crystal meth! Which makes me think it’s a nom de guerre, and likely not his real name at all (and what is the real name of a fictional character, after all?)

No comments:

Post a Comment