Monday, April 11, 2011

Credit Card Cancelled Again

If it's Spring, it's time to get my credit card cancelled again. Last year, my card got caught up in the Arco gas-pump skimming scandal that rocked the Sacramento area, and which inconvenienced many people. This year - last Friday, to be precise - someone in Spain attempted to rent a car from Hertz using my card. Apparently Hertz EspaƱa is a big conduit for fraud lately, and you don't even have to visit the country to be affected. Fortunately these two charges were caught by Golden One before they affected my account. Golden One also caught my donation to the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal. Any charge from overseas catches their attention, even if the charge is legitimate. So, two legitimate catches, and one false alarm. All of this cat-and-mouse with my credit is a massive nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment