Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Anxious Musical Theatre Dream

I awoke screaming this morning from one those dreams that seemed to combine several anxiety-producing elements in my life into one big, anxious bundle.

First, I caught a glimpse of [local musical theater producer], smiling, arms open wide in anticipation of giving me a great big bear hug. Just then, one of [said musical theater's] lead ingenue actresses ran past. I wasn't sure who she was, because she ran past too fast. Nevertheless, for reasons uncertain, I quickly gave chase, but she was faster. She clambered up the outside ladders on the side of a three-story building that looked like a La Quinta Inn. I clambered up too.

Nevertheless the rooftop was not flat - it had a log-function curve shape, something like the floor in my living room (where one wall is slowly sinking). There was a small girl and a man on a big tricycle on the rooftop (similar to the tricyclist in a recent show staged at a local community college). To my horror, both promptly rolled/fell off the building.

Suddenly, I slipped on the rooftop too. Flying off, I caught myself on a ladder, but couldn't quite get my grip, and....

No comments:

Post a Comment