Friday, April 02, 2010

If The Symptoms Fit, I've Lost My Wit

I wonder if I suffer from "Capgras Delusion" too. Sometimes I am under the impression former-liberal Barack Obama has been replaced by a conservative robot. And I can see 'them' watching me right now through the electrical sockets:
NEW YORK - A Cornell University doctoral student from New Zealand who is charged with slashing his wife's throat on a nature trail in central New York plotted the killing and tried to destroy evidence by setting their home on fire, a prosecutor said at his murder trial Thursday.

The defence doesn't dispute that Blazej Kot, 25, killed Caroline Coffey, a postdoctoral researcher at the Ivy League school. But Joe Joch, his lawyer, countered in opening statements that Kot suffered from a psychiatric disorder known as "Capgras delusion," which made him think his 28-year-old companion had been replaced by an identical-looking impostor.

...Born to Polish parents in Zaire, Kot moved with his family to New Zealand, attended the University of Auckland and came to Cornell on a student visa to pursue a Ph.D in information science. As a teenager, he had exhibited schizophrenia-type traits that left him "always wondering if someone might be watching him" through electrical wall outlets, his lawyer said.

No comments:

Post a Comment