Thursday, April 08, 2010

Black-Eyed Peas, Ludacris, and LMFAO - ARCO Arena, Sacramento - April 7, 2010

ARCO Arena was the setting for three pop music acts on Wednesday night: LMFAO, Ludacris, and the Black Eyed Peas.

I got quite a bit of footage that may be suitable for YouTube videos. I'll try to get them uploaded in the next few days.

Since I'm not a huge fan of any of the groups it didn't particularly bother me that Sally and I were way up in the upper tier. Still, these seats were better than I expected (maybe I lied: the Black Eyed Peas are great!)

Left: The Black-Eyed Peas take the stage. That's Fergie, second spotlight from the right!

When we entered the seating area, LMFAO was already singing the only song of their's that I know: "I'm In Miami Trick". They seemed heavily dependent on the vocoder, but seemed pretty lively.

Ludacris was very energetic!





In the March 2010 issue my neighborhood's newspaper, Viewpoint, (link should eventually reside here) there is an interesting profile regarding someone who grew up in my neighborhood:
Taeko Carroll, daughter of Fusae and Tom Carroll of Curtis Way, will perform April 7 as one of four backup dancers for Ludacris, the opening act for the Black Eyed Peas at Arco Arena. Taeko grew up in the Japanese and American cultures and is equally fluent in both languages. She played many youth sports as well as studied piano, violin, and dance.

Dance became her first love, a love she shares with her mother, who teaches dance. Of all the dance styles she has studied (Balkan, ballet, jazz, modern and tap), her favorite is hip hop. A 2004 graduate of Sac High's arts program, Taeko is the founder and director of her own hip hop crew Beast Mode, which is based in Hollywood. Find more about her at http://koifysh.com/
A big shout out to Taeko!

Encore.

The Black Eyed Peas had great lighting infrastructure undergirding everything they did.


Bows.

For an instant, the concourse seemed dangerously-crowded. Then, the crowds passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment