Monday, March 08, 2010

Greta In NY Magazine

Press coverage is amping up!:
But Greenberg is a very different movie than Gerwig has ever made. She is, for the first time, off digital video and onto rich, celluloid film. She had to audition in front of Scott Rudin, her co-star is Ben Stiller, and she had a souped-up trailer all to herself. “I definitely pushed every button in there,” she says. “I was like, It has a radio! And it works!” But perhaps the biggest difference is that the rambling conversations of her earlier films, which happen in the sad Formica kitchens of Carroll Gardens rentals, have been replaced by snappily written Baumbach dialogue and shot in carefully art-directed and wallpapered rooms in L.A. “It was a dream,” Gerwig says, “because my mom said that people were starting to think that I’m really inarticulate. And I was like, ‘Mom! Who speaks in full sentences anyway?’ Well, Barack Obama, maybe. You can hear that man’s commas. But I’m not giving speeches."

No comments:

Post a Comment