Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Man Poses Reasonable Questions, But Gets Grounded Anyway

Gotta be careful with those notes:
CNN is reporting that a man who wrote a strange note that mentioned "Gilligan's Island" and handed it to a flight attendant while enroute to Hawaii was the reason the flight was turned around and returned to Portland, Oregon.

...Authorities report that while Johnson and his girlfriend were on a Hawaiian Airlines flight to Maui, the 56-year-old man became upset when he was not permitted to store his bag under his seat, which was in an exit row.

About 45 minutes into the flight, Johnson gave a comment card in a sealed envelope to a flight attendant who opened it, read it and gave it to the lead flight attendant, who then gave it to the captain.

CNN reports that the note read:
"I thought I was going to die, we were so high up. I thought to myself: I hope we don't crash and burn or worse yet landing in the ocean, living through it, only to be eaten by sharks, or worse yet, end up on some place like Gilligan's Island, stranded, or worse yet, be eaten by a tribe of headhunters, speaking of headhunters, why do they just eat outsiders, and not the family members? Strange ... and what if the plane ripped apart in mid-flight and we plumited (sic) to earth, landed on Gilligan's Island and then lived through it, and the only woman there was Mrs. Thurston Howell III? No Mary Anne (my favorite) no Ginger, just Lovey! If it were just her, I think I'd opt for the sharks, maybe the headhunters."

No comments:

Post a Comment