Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Perils Of Being DMTC Treasurer

A DMTC regular secured a donation check to DMTC for $750.00.

I was happy.

Then, I promptly lost the check. I was frantic. I spent the last two days looking for it - looking, and looking again, and relooking everywhere for it - even making a special trip to Davis just in order to look there, but doing nothing useful but examine dust bunnies under the copy machine.

I finally found the check late last night.

Preparing to file away papers, I had scooped out a small stack of Karaoke Party fliers from my briefcase, and had inadvertently scooped up the check too. The fliers were the right size to perfectly conceal the check. I had gone through the small stack of fliers several times before, but it wasn’t until I went through the fliers individually that I finally found the check.

Since I haven't deposited the check yet, I still have ample opportunities to lose it again.

Now, where's that briefcase?

No comments:

Post a Comment