Thursday, July 02, 2009

Stir Fry Rambo Dreams

This week, I've continued to experiment with stir frys.

Last night's experiment was both too large (ummppphhh!), with too many varieties of vegetables (mushrooms, red potatoes, cauliflower, carrot, bell pepper, brussel sprouts, smoked turkey chunks, Top Ramen, and two kinds of sauce), and ultimately damaged by too much tomato.

And the damage wrought! I'm a mobile Bhopal! I just hope no one lights a match within fifty feet!

Side effects of the digestive experimentation have been repetitive dreams, all night long, whereby I travel down side streets just off the Las Vegas Strip, to visit seedy children's carnivals, run by distended Rush Limbaugh look-a-likes in baseball caps and overalls, and learn how to run construction vehicles, farm equipment, and heavy armament, and try them all out in a video-arcade environment filled with panicked extras from Dr. Who.

It's not so much that I want to be Rambo, but that, if I was Rambo, that I could responsibly carry out my duties to shoot up stuff without getting hurt.

Maybe I should try soups instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment