Monday, March 09, 2009

Tailed

At 11:30 p.m. Sunday evening, I stopped by DMTC to attend to a few minor Box Office errands. No one was there - everyone had gone home.

Upon leaving, I noticed that there was a car idling across the street, it's headlights pointing straight towards the theater. Two months ago, a cop in a police car idling over at Peak Performance watched my every motion in an identical way - apparently I looked suspicious - so I figured the idling car must be a police cruiser too.

But no, the Watcher, whoever it may have been, was in a civilian car. As I left the parking lot, heading north on Peña Drive, the Watcher faked as if to go south, did a U-Turn, then started following. They caught up to me at the light at 5th Street and had enough time to write down my license plate number, if they had wished.

I headed west on 5th Street and the Watcher followed closely. I turned left into the Post Office parking lot and pulled up at the drive-through mail drop. The Watcher faked as if to turn left at Pole Line road, in order to keep watching, then gave up the pursuit and headed straight west on 5th Street when the light permitted.

No doubt the Watcher was an alert citizen with the best interests of DMTC at heart. But whoever they were, the CIA, they ain't.

No comments:

Post a Comment