Thursday, February 12, 2009

Evolutionary Theory At The AM/PM

The 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth is a good time to check out the status of Evolution at the convenience market:
Clerk #1: Many people believe that people descended from apes, but in fact some people believe that people descended from different kinds of animals. Some people evolved from cloven-hoofed animals. Some people descend from horses and sheep. Some people have fish faces, and they evolved from fish.

Marc: I evolved from dogs.

Clerk #1: And some people evolved from dogs....

Clerk #2: I can make my mouth into a big "O", so I evolved from the Big "O".

Marc: If you don't mind me asking, who believes that people evolved from different kinds of animals?

Clerk #1: Well, actually, no one believes that. It's just a fantasy of mine.

Clerk #2: You shouldn't call it a fantasy, you should call it a religion! Ha! Ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha !

No comments:

Post a Comment