Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Palin"

From The Urban Dictionary. Myself, I can hardly wait for the 2012 updates:
Palin - verb

To abandon one's principles for short term gain.
Tom, a devout vegan, palined when he consumed a happy meal solely to obtain the collectible toy it contained.

To embarrass yourself and your associates with a string of gaffes and exposed secrets.
'Dude, you shouldn't have told those jokes about the bride. And you really Palinned when you told her dad she gave you crabs.'

To finish something quickly without checking the work and being screwed.
That girl told me I'm the baby's daddy...she totally Palined me.
I blew through the exam so I could get out of class quickly...after I turned it in I realized I was probably Palined.


Palin - noun

Pejorative term that refers to an incompetent, impractical, irrelevant or incapable person who has been appointed to a position of great importance.
A person who holds authority disproportionate to his or her requisite ethics and qualifications.

John was recently made principal, but everybody thinks he's a Palin who can't do the job.
My new boss is such a Palin - he took my deserved place because the CEO is
his personal friend.


An applicant lacking even basic job skills. Someone supremely un-self-aware or lacking any relative sense of what he/she does or doesn't know.
HR sent me another Palin for the marketing manager job.
I can't believed you hired him. He doesn't have a driver's license and can't even ride a bicycle.... How in hell is he going to deliver the pizzas? What a palin.

A mistake of colossal proportions.
McCain really pulled a Palin with his VP pick.

One whose behavior or actions cause unwanted negative attention to the group. A desperate gamble.
'That girl's got so many skeletons in her closet, she's a real Palin.'


Palin - adjective

"I know I'm a little palin, but I really want this job."

"Ma'am unfortunately we are looking for an applicant who is less palin."

No comments:

Post a Comment