Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dyer's Been In Alaska

Dyer's posted lots of photos, from Day 1 through Day 6. Dyer writes:
On Sept. 7-14, I went on a trip to Alaska to photograph brown bears in Katmai National Park. I took a lot of photos and the trip was very enjoyable and successful. As I work my way through the photos chronologically, I'll post something from each day of the trip. I've just put some photos up for day one.

The itinerary of the trip was to fly to Anchorage and then take a couple of smaller planes to get to Brooks Lodge in Katmai, stay there 4 nights photographing grizzly bears and then fly back to Anchorage and thus home. Because the weather is somewhat unpredictable, we left a couple of days buffer on each end of the Katmai flights in case of delays.

We didn't have any delays and put the buffer days to good use by exploring Seward and Kenai Fjords during the arrival buffer, and Homer during the departure buffer.


No comments:

Post a Comment