Friday, September 05, 2008

T-Shirts From Back In The Day

Left: This undated photo provided by the Heath family shows Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin in her dorm room at the University of Idaho. Palin seems to have switched colleges at least six times in six years, including two stints at the University of Idaho before graduating from there in 1987.
(Heath Family/AP Photo)





Governor Palin graduated from the University of Idaho with a bachelor's degree in journalism in 1987 (same year that I got a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Arizona).

I like her T-Shirt. Reminds me of one of my favorite T-Shirts from the 1980's, which I used to wear a lot at the University of Arizona. I went to see a talk by one of the famed group who were the first women ever to climb the Himalayan mountain "K2" (among the highest mountains on Earth, and perhaps the most dangerous of all). The T-Shirt slogan was "A Woman's Place Is On Top".

The Eighties were a good decade for T-Shirts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment