Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Soothing The Savage Beast

What a strange reaction!:
AN activist has detailed in court how Kylie Minogue indirectly saved him from stabbing himself to death outside No. 10 Downing St in London, the official prime ministerial residence.

The protester told Southwark Crown Court he began pushing the 18cm knife through his jacket - to protest injustice in Iraq and Afghanistan - when he heard Minogue's On A Night Like This on his MP3 player.

"Thinking about it, the song was my downfall," the un-named man, 41, said.

"How can anyone be violent when they love Kylie's music? It's not possible."
There is nothing overtly political in the lyrics, but the "Showgirl Homecoming" version starts in a hushed reverential way that could have been persuasive:
Don’t, say, it’s like a fantasy
When, you, know this is how it should be
You kiss me, I’m falling
Can you hear me calling
You touch me, I want you
Feels like I’ve always known you

On a night like this
I wanna stay forever (stay forever)
On a night like this
Just wanna be together
On a night like this

No comments:

Post a Comment