Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Mexico Pod People Seize Local Radio Station

Did you know that the chimichanga may have been invented in the 1940's in
an eatery alongside Route 66 in Gallup?
No, I did not. I never heard of chimichangas until I moved to Tucson in 1980, so I suspect they come from down there somewhere....
Did you know New Mexico has the smallest percentage of surface water in the U.S.?
I might have guessed, but no, I did not.
Did you know New Mexico is the home to many bats, and not the Leona Helmsley kind?
Yes, but that is insulting to Leona Helmsley.

What is this? Why is The Eagle 96.9 suddenly spurting New Mexico trivia on the airwaves? The state tourism board must have dumped a ton of money on the station. But why this station? Why now? Strangely, New Mexico is not listed as a client.

And then they started playing songs about Roswell. Oooowwwwweeeeoooo! What more need one say?

No comments:

Post a Comment