Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yard Sale Time!

Left: At the Runaway Stage rehearsal cottage, Karen Day struggles across the cottage walkway with one of my donations (ultimately derived from E.'s vast collection of arcane rubbish - sorry, make that precious possessions): a padded exercise bench, ideal for doing sit-ups alone at home (but for which purpose I prefer a more-social environment in a health club instead).


Today was Curtis Park's annual Yard Sale Saturday! The event is sponsored every year by the Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association, and features a surprising number of yard sales all through the neighborhood, including this one for Runaway Stage Productions (RSP).

I told Karen Day that there was something disturbing about seeing theater people up and active at 9 a.m. She said it wasn't nearly as disturbing as seeing theater people up and active at 6 a.m., when they started getting ready for the sale.

I donated some CDs as well. One of the CDs was a new release by Keyshia Cole's "Just Like You". I belong to a record club that sends you their feature presentation anyway if you don't send a negative answer in on time, and because I'm so lackadaisical about responding, I often get CDs I didn't really want, but sometimes grow fond of anyway, and keep. As for Cole's CD, after repeated listening to her deep, soulful ballads, I had only one emotional response:

"Meh".

So, off to the yard sale with it, and several other CDs as well.

No yard sale is complete without a purchase, of course. I bought an Australian-wildlife-themed jigsaw puzzle, and I hope I didn't drop too many critical fragments from the box onto the RSP lawn (or else Sparky is going to get an unwelcome search task this evening on our walk looking for pieces of platypus).

No comments:

Post a Comment