Thursday, April 10, 2008

Walking Up And Down J Street - II

I hoped to take pictures of interesting downtown people but mostly took pictures of interesting downtown buildings. Strangely (or maybe to be expected, out of familiarity), I don't really know the names of most of these buildings.

Here is a mural on the side of the Masonic Temple at 12th & J Streets, a whimsical modern update to Charles Nahl's "Sunday Morning In The Mines", which is housed at Sacramento's Crocker Art Museum.


Left: The towering skyline between J & K Streets, and 12th & 13th Streets, near the Convention Center. The Sheraton Hotel is on the left.

Left: This building at 10th & J Streets is being remodeled. There was a big banner advertising "Bugatelos," but that is the company installing the new windows.

Below: The Sacramento Public Library, between I & J Streets, and 8th & 9th Streets.

























Doggone it, I should have taken a picture of the Downtown jail! That's a weird scene there! But it's not on J Street, it's on I Street. I'm so linear in my thinking, I'll have to put my mind in an entirely different groove for that adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment