Friday, April 11, 2008

This Sounds Like Fun

Sort of like what "All Shook Up" had, but on the street. Wonder if it would fly in Sacramento?
For the past two years, Philippine native Isabelo “Billy” Fausto has worked on a pedestal, painted head to toe in silver, making mime movements to convince people to ignore the large resorts all around; and instead he coaxes them into the tiny La Salsa Cantina for drinks and slots. He works as a self-described “dynamic living statue.” Next to him works a man in a sort of smurf Elvis outfit. “People love taking pictures with me,” Fausto says. “I am a performer and I love what I am doing. I used to be an acrobat but the group broke up. And so I developed this.”

Fausto says he has seen so much on the Strip that nothing fazes him. When the Monte Carlo’s roof caught fire across the street from where he works in January, Fausto was pleased that his show managed to distract the tourists who came to view the flames. “They started looking at the fire. But I put on the better show.”

No comments:

Post a Comment