Friday, April 25, 2008

Waiting For E. At The Dentist

Left: With my memory difficulties regarding names, I could totally see retiring here in a few years - if I could just remember the name of the place.


E. needed a tooth extracted, so I took her over to the dentist. I had half an hour idle time to walk around the neighborhood of Professional Drive (kind of a doctor ghetto), just northwest of the intersection of Arden and Watt, in Sacramento.

Left: Resource allocation in the suburbs seems better than downtown. This location is somewhat removed from the supermarket across (and down) the street, but one can pick up, or leave behind, shopping carts here. It's almost like the hub-and-spoke approach to allocating airliners. So, if the supermarket is the analog to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, this location is like the airstrip in, say, Vernal, Utah.

Left: This is my favorite business on Arden Way.

Left: Ooooooooo!

A co-worker saw this photo, and said: "Is that my husband's vehicle there?" but it was all a mixup....

Left: Flower bed, with tire rim, on Professional Drive. There was a fascinating-looking store selling tires and tire rims on Watt Avenue, but they were having a sale, and I was afraid that if I started taking pictures, they would figure I was with the competition, and come on over, and bust my jaw.

Left: When I returned to the waiting room at the dentist's office, I could hear E. caterwauling loudly down the hall "I'm dying! I'm dying!" Ah yes, the sound of progress! I suggested to the apprehensive-looking receptionist that I could go back and help calm her down, but she replied: "Workplace insurance requirements prevent yada, yada, yada..."

In a few minutes, E. appeared, with a tale of how the dentist tried to asphyxiate her by spilling anesthesia down her throat. But her molar was gone, which just means the dentist did his work efficiently, effectively, and painlessly, and really, what more can you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment