Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Conflation Of Conspiracy Theories

Joe The Plumber was beside himself with excitement as he waved the DVD around: "This proves everything I've been saying for years!" "What is it?" I wondered. "A new theory regarding the assassination of JFK!" I had just one word for the new theory:
N-O-O-O-O!
Especially after reading the book "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner, I'm a firm believer in the Warren Commission's Oswald-was-the-only-assassin theory. "Don't jump to conclusions. Give the DVD a look," Joe urged.

Well, OK. Joe didn't give me much time (he had to lend the DVD to someone else) and he urged me to fast-forward through the beginning part. I didn't follow Joe's advice, though, and trudged through the tedious early part of the DVD.

After carefully reassuring his audience about the earnestness and purity of their intentions in searching for the truth, author William Cooper seemed to focus on extraterrestrials and events in Roswell, however, not the JFK assassination. I had to return the DVD too early to get to the JFK parts.

Was I supposed to get the message that aliens and the JFK assassination had something in common?

Apparently, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment