Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Soporific Flies
"MMMAAAAARRRRCCCC! Look! Flies!"
Sure enough - sluggish flies everywhere, sitting on dishes, falling from lamp shades, languishing on the floor. But why?

Something must be dead, somewhere. But where? Nothing smells....

A month ago, I discovered a dead mouse in the basement. And wouldn't you know it, tell-tale flies were everywhere in the basement too. Could it be....?

Sure enough, this morning, I found a second dead mouse, just two feet away from where I had found the first dead mouse. It's possible I never noticed the second dead mouse, grateful as I was for the improved basement scent that resulted when the first mouse was removed, so the second mouse's decomposition had gone much further than anyone would have wished.

Anyone, that is, but the flies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment