Sunday, September 24, 2006

Windstorm

The big windy time we had of it on Thursday and Friday complicated things, particularly with the terrible wildfires in Yolo County. It was hard to sleep too: branches brushing across my window became demons in my dreams, and the air filled with resuspended dust that had gathered on the tree leaves over the rainless prior six months. Cloudy the Rabbit liked the storm, though, because all the thrashing of tree leaves shook loose an entire salad of goodies into the back yard for her comestible entertainment.

The only notable story I had was something I saw driving to work, about 10 a.m., on Friday. As I was driving past a bus stop at 21st and Capital, a man standing under the bus shelter abruptly darted into 21st Street, just as a huge branch fell very close him from a large tree. A very close call! Hope my reflexes are as good as his when the big lumber comes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment