Saturday, September 30, 2006

Wednesday Night At The MGM Grand

Spent time alternating between blackjack and dancing at Studio 54 And Tabu. The gambling was just horrible, as it often is - continual losses ($565 or so). The dancing was better though.

When I first arrived at Studio 54, there were very few dancers, oddly enough - maybe ten or so. Enthusiasm was low at Studio 54 on a Wednesday night stretching into Thursday morning. So, management sent out the girls to do their fun trapeze act. After awhile, the dancing picked up, and the energy level escalated.

Didn't make any new friends or have any particular zany adventures this time, but I did enjoy myself.

(Left): Projected image from the ceiling onto one of the low tabletops at Tabu.

The music seemed unfamiliar to me at Tabu - energetic but practically from some unknown genre. So I asked the DJ what he was playing. "We play progressive House music," he said patronizingly. "No, no, what are you playing?", I insisted. He said it was 'The Drill,' by "The Edge." I will have to locate that.

The girls do their Cirque du Soleil inspired act at Studio 54. Like the Cirque girls, they rose from the floor on chrysalis-like body wraps, but they are considerably more hemmed-in by the numerous racks of lights above the dance floor than the Cirque girls would be. So they pose a lot, which works just fine for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment