Thursday, March 30, 2006

Advancing The Pagan Cause, One Soul At A Time

The family who lived next door to us when I was a kid in New Mexico were fundamentalist Christians. That didn't matter too much as a kid - I remember attending Vacation Bible School with them, and learning, not the Bible, but rather how to make fake grape clusters, using Elmer's Glue, and lots of purple marbles.

In the 90's, 'Eddy' and I got back in touch. I'd send him a Christmas card once a year. Eddy would send me letters, sometimes one a day. Since he apparently ran a Bible book store in Silver City, NM, he would also send me books, pamphlets, and T-Shirts. He apparently wanted to save my soul, even if he'd have to drag my sorry, leaden ass every damned step up the Stairway to Heaven.

I never read his letters, or opened his parcels. Instead, I put everything in a box, and put the box in the basement.

These days, I'm spending a lot of time in the basement, as I shred Katherine's old law files. Eddy's box has been sitting there, quietly mocking me. So, two nights ago, I finally opened up the box, and unwrapped one of the parcels. In 1998, Eddy had sent a book named "The Bible Code." Presumably it's about hidden messages in the Bible. According to the book cover blurbs, the Bible apparently forecast the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, and the election of Bill Clinton. Who knew the Bible was SO into the 90's?

This wasn't up my alley at all, but I knew Keith at Subway would like it, since he's been translating Sanskrit, and scrambling Nostramus' quatrains, and otherwise looking for hidden meanings in sacred texts. Sure enough, when I gave it to him last night, he seemed happy: he had heard of the book, and apparently put out a silent psychic call into the ether, kind of like a dog whistle, to attract the book to him, and the call had been answered!

So, bond with your fellow pagan - that's what Jesus would do!


(Bush Antichrist - credit: Keith Wise)

[UPDATE: Keith Wise, who created the Bush Antichrist image I posted two years ago, now has a Web Site, where he offers talismans, tarot readings, and other items on the occult side of life.]
You may remember Keith, he created this last year, and more and more people have been accessing it, via search engines like Google.

(P.S.: I apparently also have a pretty, sparkly T-Shirt that says "Grace" across the front, plus probably several other related items, courtesy of Eddy, if anyone's interested.)

No comments:

Post a Comment