Saturday, October 15, 2005

Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride"

Just glorious....better even than "The Nightmare Before Christmas!'

There was a song reminiscent of 'Sally's Song', called 'Tears To Shed'. Both songs express apprehensive yearning, rejection, worthlessness, forlorn loss - adolescent heartfelt pain - but this song is more interesting, featuring three singers (the Corpse Bride, plus two friends.

The ending is slightly perplexing, but it's hard to miss the clean flame of love, and the disintegration into butterflies....
Tears To Shed
Oh those girls are ten a plenty,
You’ve got so much more
You’ve got, you’ve got
You’ve got a wonderful personality!
What does that wispy little brat have that you don’t have double?
She can’t hold a candle to the beauty of your smile.
How about a pulse?
Overrated by a mile!
Overvalued!
Overblown!
If he only knew the you that we know!
*sigh*
And that silly little creature isn’t wearing his ring!
And she doesn’t play piano,
Or dance
Or sing
No she doesn’t compare
But she still breathes air!
Who cares?
Unimportant
Overrated
Overblown
If only he could see how special you can be
If he only knew the you that we know!

If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain
If you cut me with a knife it's still the same
And I know her heart is beating and I know that I am dead
Yet the pain here that I feel, try and tell me it's not real
And it seems that I still have a tear to shed


The sole redeeming feature from that little creature is that she’s alive
Overrated!
Overblown!
Everybody knows that that’s just a temporary state
Which is cured very quickly when we meet our fate
Who cares?
Unimportant
Overrated
Overblown
If only he could see how special you can be
If he only knew the you that we know!

If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain
In the ice or in the sun its all the same
Yet I feel my heart is aching
Though it doesn’t beat it's breaking
And the pain here that I feel
Try and tell me it's not real
I know that I am dead
Yet it seems that I still have some tears to shed
Better even than 'Sally's Song'!
Sally's Song
I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be

What will become of my dear friend?
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

No comments:

Post a Comment