Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Some Meteorologist I Am!

Computers are a blessing and a curse. I noticed the lights flicker this afternoon here at work, so I saved my spreadsheet, but I didn't bother to look out the window (what modern meteorologist looks out the window anyway?), and so I missed all the excitement! A tornado! In the Sacramento area! As the National Weather Service stated:
STRONG CONVECTION DEVELOPED OVER SAC AND NRN SAN JOAQUIN VLYS THIS AFTERNOON ALONG SURFACE OCCLUDED FRONT. VORT LOBE THAT WAS NEAR 33N/125W ROTATED INLAND AND DESTABILIZED LAPSE RATES. WITHIN THE CLUSTER OF STORMS AROUND THE CITY OF SAC...SEVERAL OF THE STORMS EXHIBITED ROTATION WITH SEVERAL FUNNEL CLOUD REPORTS...AND REPORTS OF TORNADO TOUCHDOWNS NEAR/VICINITY OF DOWNTOWN SAC. THIS CLUSTER OF STORMS MOVED OFF TO THE NW PER THE MID LEVEL FLOW AROUND THE UPPER LOW OFF THE COAST...WITH A COUPLE OF THE STORMS EXHIBITING ROTATION AT TIMES NW OF SAC TOWARDS DUNNIGAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment