Wednesday, August 19, 2026

No Luck On Reddit

I never seem to have much luck on Reddit. Almost all my comments there are ignored, maybe because they are too bland and not provocative enough. Occasionally, though, my comments get banned, as happened recently, apparently because I used the "wrong" word: in this case, the word "terror." So, I appealed the ban, and to my surprise, they relented. All this was in response to a specific question, regarding the possibility of a post-Trump restoration to an Era of Good Feelings: 

What's the possibility of a great reset happening in the US? 

I replied: 
"I think a big reset is coming, but it won’t be nice. The MAGA Republicans will lose power in the 2026 and 2028 elections but will fight the loss all the way, by means most foul. In order to assert control, paranoid Democrats will finally have to start slaughtering MAGA wholesale. The model is the French Reign of Terror (1793-1794), where paranoia was all the rage, which eventually produced Napoleon." 

Who knows if this will really happen, of course, but as a talking point it's a good starting place. There is a historic parallel here. The Committee on Public Safety had a hard time exerting its authority in France in the face of royalist opposition both inside and outside the country. 

Anyway, let's see if the word "terror" survives on Facebook, and here on Google's Blogger, even in the context of the textbook history of the French Revolution. If not, well then, off with their heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment