Sunday, August 06, 2023

A Vote About The Dog Park (Sort-Of)


I almost forgot to post about this. On July 19th, the City of Sacramento hosted a community meeting at the Sierra 2 Center about the status of the dog park. I thought their intention was to address the informal, very successful, but threatened dog park at the Sierra 2 Green, behind the Sierra 2 Center, but the City of Sacramento looks at the matter from 30,000 feet, rather than from a worm's-eye view like the rest of us who actually use the park. Instead, the City of Sacramento wanted community input on half a dozen possible park sites from Broadway down to the Pocket. 

We were given three coupons to vote with - green, for our favorite option; yellow for our second-favorite option, and red for our least favorite option. I apportioned my votes depending on how far away the parks were located from my house.

It was nice to see several neighbors there I don't see very ofte.

No comments:

Post a Comment