Sunday, July 09, 2023

Not Skunked

This evening (July 3rd), about 8:45 p.m., I was walking my dog Jasper and his guest Max along lush Markham Way, among the most desirable streets in Curtis Park, when both dogs suddenly lunged under a bush. It took me a few seconds to understand what they had seen. There was a skunk under the bush, and the entire street reeked of skunk. Both dogs got within a foot of the skunk, and I anticipated both would require baths immediately. 

Yet, when I got home, I noticed both dogs had somehow not been sprayed. When it comes to safety, skunks observe their surroundings carefully and rarely panic. I’m assuming the skunk noticed both dogs were on leashes, and thus weren’t a danger to it at all. The great warrior dogs were beneath the skunk’s attention. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment