Saturday, April 01, 2023

Doug Pauly and the Cover Girls - April 1, 2023

"The Side Door" in Curtis Park is a very-conveniently-located venue for live music - generally folk and rock music. 

Even though I’ve known for decades that Doug (my neighbor the next house over) is a guitarist, this is the first time I’ve actually seen him perform. I didn’t realize that Mike Crain (who lives between Doug and I) is the percussionist. (Mike teaches percussion at Sac State.)

Two musicians within a stone's throw! I’m clueless about my own immediate neighborhood!
 

From The Side Door's mailing list: "Doug Pauly brings “Doug & The Cover Girls“ Sister duets this five member group includes Doug Pauly, Jeanne Munoz, Erin Costa, Mike Crain and Kerry Kashiwagi performing music described as the next generation of The Great American Songbook. Duets as only sisters backed up by guitar as only Doug Pauly can play."

Introductions at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment