Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Getting In Some Solid Kicks

I took Jasper over to the dog park, where the unleashed pups play. Despite Jasper's excited yips, I hesitated on taking him inside. There was a dog inside there with black-and-white collie markings, romping around with the other dogs. There is a dog with such markings who has a history of always attacking Jasper. Was this the same dog? 

The dog took no notice of Jasper. The dog moved to the other side of the park to get a drink of water. It seemed this was maybe a different dog, so I relented and let Jasper into the park, so he could say hello the the other dogs. Much tail-wagging ensued. 

Suddenly, the collie was there, staring intently at Jasper. The collie's master shouted at her dog: "No, not THAT dog!" And suddenly the attack was on! 

The collie lunged as Jasper ran around my legs screaming and yipping. I pulled on Jasper's leash, which was attached to his harness, and lifted him off the ground. I swung Jasper around my head like a lasso as the collie leaped and lunged at him. I was able to deliver some pretty solid kicks to the collie. The dog's master shouted "Don't hurt my dog! Stop running around, so I can get a leash on him!" But I wasn't going to stop spinning that soon. 

Eventually, the dog's master got control, and the attack stopped. A bystander tried to help. Fortunately, I don't think the dog got a solid bite on Jasper. I should have been more cautious - the sudden exertion and adrenalin rush is probably bad for the heart. The dog's master should have been more cautious too - this isn't the first time this has happened. But, hey, I got some solid kicks in!

No comments:

Post a Comment