Tuesday, January 31, 2023

The Downside of Being a Forest-Green Rotary Telephone from the 30s

I dreamt that I was attending some kind of Comicon, and was walking around a many-seated auditorium when the lights suddenly went out for a big musical performance about railroad porters in the 1930s. I fumbled my way through the darkness into a seat that had been kept empty for a quick costume change, and had a costume dropped on me. So, dressed as a forest-green rotary telephone from the 30s, I was ushered into an office where Vince Gilligan was working on a script, and where an alt-journalist from Hungary was already waiting. An assistant asked Gilligan if he would like to talk to us, but he said no. I couldn’t blame him - who wants to talk on the telephone when you’re busy? So, I started talking to the journalist, and recommended that he explore the mesa west of Belen, NM, because it had just been rechristened with a Danish name, and you never know what you might find way out in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment