Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Flaming Chariot is Fixed

Life with the Flaming Chariot! The mechanic took quite a while to finish repairing my pickup truck's gas tank. About a week. They said the gas tank was both corroded and partially-crushed: which sounds a little disturbing. I went to pick up the repaired vehicle Thursday evening, and the truck wouldn't start. The fuel line had popped off the tank and as I cranked the starter fuel was pouring out into a pool beneath the truck. Another opportunity for self-immolation in the Flaming Chariot! So, they kept the truck another day as they corrected the new problem. And so I now I have the repaired truck, but it makes me nervous. I'm afraid to put gasoline in the tank or drive it anywhere. But at least it's repaired!

No comments:

Post a Comment