Monday, May 30, 2022

SMUD Tree-Trimmers Hack Through The Treetops


I'm glad SMUD electric-utility contract tree-trimmers came through the tree tops of my back yard. I worried the top branches were beginning to get too close to the powerlines. Can't have any electrocutions or fires, can we? I told them to be very aggressive with the tree. I don't know if they heard me. I could barely hear them over the wood chipper, and they spoke mostly Spanish anyway. The workers thrashed past the utility lines, briefly knocked me off the Internet, and nearly knocked down the clothesline. The newly-trimmed tree looks funny, shaped like the letter "Y" rather than a decent oak tree, but I'm pleased. 
Waterwise, this is going to be a hard summer, just as precarious as 2015, and we need as much reassurance as possible.  I remember how a nearby palm tree burned in 2015 when I was away from the house.  It looked like a burned matchstick when I got home, and there was no explanation of how the fire started.  Fires will be so easy to start!  

No comments:

Post a Comment