Saturday, March 12, 2022

Stoned For a Few Days

Thursday a week ago, my cardiologist decided to experiment on my heart's erratic rhythms.  How would I  tolerate a drug called Multaq (aka dronedarone)? At first, the drug seemed good - it slowed my heartbeat - but apparently it was slowing my heart rate into dangerous territory without yielding a healthy sinus rhythm. I got an EKG on Monday, and by Tuesday the doctors had ordered me to stop taking the drug. 

Still, for a few days, I seemed to have a new outlook on the world. I noticed that concrete seemed really hard; hard in an altogether new way. For the last decade, or so, concrete seemed almost fluffy - like tofu, or burnt marshmallow. The drug gave me a new insight on reality. 

Or so it seemed. Face it, I must have been stoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment