Tuesday, June 01, 2021

My Upcoming Talk on Salvador Dalí!

I'm excited about a talk I'm going to give under the auspices of the Dalí Museum in St. Petersburg, FL. My talk is entitled "The Influence of Salvador Dalí in 'Breaking Bad' and 'Better Call Saul'." The talk will be streamed on the museum's YouTube channel on Thursday, June 24 at 6 p.m. EDT (4 p.m. MDT, 3 p.m. PDT). 

I gave the original version of this talk to the 42nd Annual Southwest Popular/American Culture Association Conference (usually hosted in Albuquerque, but held virtually this year on February 22). On a lark, I shared a YouTube link of the talk to the Dalí Museum, and they liked it, in part because it dovetailed nicely with other presentations given at the museum regarding Dalí's impact on popular culture. The talk will be adjusted to emphasize art works held in the collection at the Dalí Museum. 

According to Wikipedia: "With the exception of the Dalí Theater-Museum created by Dalí himself in his hometown of Figueres in Spain, the St. Petersburg Dalí Museum has the world's largest collections of Dalí's works."

No comments:

Post a Comment