Sunday, May 17, 2020

Am I A Runner?


Kate sends this alarming link showing what the new folks have done to the building that once housed Sierra Research (where I worked from 1990 to 2016 - and worked specifically in this building from 1994 to 2016).
Collaboration with design firm SmithGroup has created a transformative workplace that will allow DPR employees and the surrounding community to re-envision how they work now and provide a snapshot on how they will want to work in the future. The space includes open office seating areas, active/addressable seating plan, meeting rooms, break rooms, open collaborative areas, focus areas, training room, lounge spaces and other special use spaces.



Ambitions for the future!

Wait a minute. I was on the cutting edge in 1994. How is it 1994 can be erased so easily? What happened to the future we imagined?

Reminds me of one of those science fiction movies where you are eliminated when you reach the age of 30. Movies like "Soylent Green."

Or better yet, "Logan's Run." Am I a Runner? Or am I like one of those poor folks on Carrousel?

Yes, working at Sierra Research all those years was kind of like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment