Thursday, April 16, 2020

By Bicycle - Towards Land Park


On Tuesday, I took the black bicycle, also a Schwinn, down towards Land Park. Lots of joggers out.


Quiet at the zoo.


Beautiful flowers on the abandoned rail line that runs through the Land Park neighborhood, over by Sprouts.





Sutterville overpass over Riverside Blvd. My understanding is that this is a special overpass to Sacramento birders. There is a colony of besieged Purple Martins here that's managed to survive against cowbirds and other problem-creators. Still, when I look at the overpass I see no places for nests. Maybe I misunderstand - maybe this is the wrong place. Nevertheless, I see swift-like birds passing under the overpass. What kinds of birds are these? Are these the Purple Martins? I don't know what a Purple Martin looks like!


Abandoned rail line overpass.


Mural on Surfside store.


My neighborhood Target.


An old nightclub that was apparently once called Typhoon. Like the Art Deco touch.


Life-under-quarantine mystery in the alley. What does it mean? Messy garbage pickup? Or maybe like one of those Aztec Ballcourt games, people throw gloves from passing cars and try to hit the dumpster? Or shooting dumpster hoops with gloves, missing, and then afraid to pick up the debris?


Sacramento light rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment