Monday, January 20, 2020

Everyone Likes The Dog

"Give me back my dog!" The fellow came rolling up behind me on a Jump Bike as I walked Jasper. An odd sort of fellow. Seemed to have a wobbling head and odd eyes. It looked like he had eyeliner on. "I'm just joking with you, man. I just like dogs."

I relaxed and said, "Doesn't everyone? Yes, Jasper's a very cute dog. Will be two years old in April." Jasper reluctantly sniffed the guy.

"Jasper! Where did you get him?" he asked. "Through friends, in Placerville" I said. "Placerville. Placerville? Where is that? Is that towards San Jose?" he asked. "No, no, it's toward Tahoe," I replied. Even though Placerville is just forty miles away, he looked like he had never heard of the place.

"I'm not going to ask for any money. Do you like, maybe, have any work for me to do?" he asked. "No," I replied, unnerved by his head wobble. "Well, we need to be going," I said, as Jasper and I began sauntering off.

No comments:

Post a Comment