Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Jasper After Dark

Friday night, and the bedtime ritual resumes. My arm is delicately poised above the iPhone screen as I try to solve Sudoku puzzles, while my adolescent dog attacks that arm in a desperate attempt to mate with it. Somehow, neither of us are getting what we want.


I brought my emotional support animal (Jasper the Pomeranian, who needs lots of emotional support) to help watch Gabriel’s house. The unfamiliar place disoriented Jasper. Support required. Rex the Cat has responded by stalking Jasper and making him nervous. Support required. Walking the neighborhood, we were accosted by an inquisitive (but friendly) Boxer. More support required. It’s a nice day. The trees are atwitter with a whole herd of hummingbirds. That’s my emotional support.

No comments:

Post a Comment