Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Cleaned the Gutters


Tuesday, I finished the annual autumn ritual of cleaning of the gutters. I waited as long as possible to finish this year - a storm of some sort is scheduled to blow in tomorrow.


Because I’m so late this year, I didn’t get to see praying mantises, as I do some years - they like summits of roofs. One year, the gutter yielded a spent bullet, but the only really notable thing this year is the amount of ash on the roof - fallout from 2018’s County, River, Ranch, and Camp Fires, plus whatever lingers from 2017’s fallout. The droughts of this decade have killed so many trees in California that we have annual fire catastrophes lined up for the next 20 years. All hail climate change!


The gutter-cleaning ritual is capped by visiting the summit of my roof, 2.5 stories above the ground, for minor repairs.






No comments:

Post a Comment