Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Introducing My New Companion, Jasper

The first few hours with my new dog, Jasper. He is more independent than the rest of his siblings, and I hope he adjusts well to being away from them. He took the 40-mile drive down from Placerville well. He wandered the truck cab and spent time standing in my lap as I drove, but it was all good.

Jasper’s mystified by virtually everything. He watches every single thing I do and keeps me in sight. He doesn’t like being picked up and figured out that no one can get him if he sits under the kitchen table. He doesn’t like steps, but figured out the two steps into the bedroom.

Jasper’s personality is much closer to that of a Papillon than a Pomeranian. We took a brief walk in the back yard, the back alley, and a parking area. He peed on the concrete rather than the lawn, but thats good enough for now.

Minutes after retiring to bed, there was a sudden crash somewhere in the house. We all started searching for the origin of the sound, and Jasper joined in the hunt. Turned out a hanger failed, and the painting it supported fell to the floor. It was a weird fluke, but Jasper didn’t bark. For all Jasper knows, it’s the new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment